Effective date: [28/04/2022]
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that personal information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
Information You Provide to Us
Account Information. If you create an account on our Services, we ask you for personal information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and information about your residence.
Reservations and Purchases. If you pre-order or purchase products through our Services, we ask for personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, billing and shipping address, and information about your residence. In addition, your payment-related information, such as your credit card or other financial information, is collected by our third-party payment processor on our behalf.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional personal information about you. For example, if you contact us for customer support or communicate with us through the chat bot on our Services, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and any attachments you send to us, and any other personal information you choose to provide. If you sign up for our newsletter or to receive updates, news, or other promotional information from us, we will collect certain personal information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
SHIP Application. If you apply to be a Smart Home Integration Partner (SHIP) through our Services, we ask for personal information such as your name, title, company name and website, phone number, email address, country, and zip code. We will also collect any additional personal information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
Location Information. We may infer your general location information, for example, by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, such as your IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, such as referring/exit pages, the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, the purchases you make, the products you consider purchasing, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect personal information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services. Cookies can be used for performance management, collecting information on how our Services are being used for analytics purposes. They can also be used for functionality management, enabling us to make your visit more efficient by, for example, remembering language preferences, passwords, and log-in details. We may also use pixel tags and web beacons on our Services. These are tiny graphic images placed on web pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. Below is an overview of the types of cookies we and third parties may use to collect personal information.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you. We cannot provide you with our Services without this type of cookies. We use the following necessary cookies:
- Functional Cookies. Functional cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Services. This enables us to adapt our content for you and remember your preferences. We use the following functional cookies:
|c||.dcbel.energy||Performance||Visual Website Optimizer sets this cookie to generate a unique id for every visitor and for its report segmentation feature. The cookie also allows to view data in a more refined manner.||10 years|
|_vwo_ds||.dcbel.energy||Performance||This cookie stores persistent user-level data for VWO Insights.||2 months|
|_vwo_sn||.dcbel.energy||Performance||This cookie stores session-level information.||30 minutes|
|_vis_opt_exp_41_combi_choose||.dcbel.energy||Other||No description||3 months 8 days|
|_fbp||.dcbel.energy||Advertisement||This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website.||3 months|
|outbrain_cid_fetch||www.dcbel.energy||Other||No description available.||5 minutes|
|_vis_opt_exp_41_combi||.dcbel.energy||Other||No description||3 months 8 days|
|sa-user-id||tags.srv.stackadapt.com||Advertisement||StackAdapt sets this cookie as a Random Identifier for user identification, to display relevant advertisements.||1 year|
|sa-user-id-v2||.srv.stackadapt.com||Advertisement||StackAdapt sets this cookie as a Random Identifier for user identification, to display relevant advertisements.||1 year|
|muc_ads||.t.co||Other||No description||2 years|
|personalization_id||.twitter.com||Advertisement||Twitter sets this cookie to integrate and share features for social media and also store information about how the user uses the website, for tracking and targeting.||2 years|
|_vis_opt_test_cookie||.dcbel.energy||Functional||Visual Website Optimiser sets this cookie to detect if cookies are enabled on the browser of the user or not.||session|
|_ga_DHYVSYBXZ8||.dcbel.energy||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.||2 years|
|_ga||.dcbel.energy||Analytics||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.||2 years|
|_gid||.dcbel.energy||Analytics||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.||1 day|
|_gat_UA-193718954-1||.dcbel.energy||Analytics||A variation of the _gat cookie set by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to allow website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. The pattern element in the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to.||1 minute|
|_vwo_uuid_v2||.dcbel.energy||Analytics||This cookie is set by Visual Website Optimiser and calculates unique traffic on a website.||1 year|
|vis_opt_s||.dcbel.energy||Analytics||Visual Website Optimiser sets this cookie to track the session created for a visitor, i.e., the number of times the browser was closed and reopened.||3 months 8 days|
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential. You can find more information about your rights and choices, and how to block the use of certain cookies in the section Your Rights and Choices below.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To personalize your experience on our Services, such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, products and services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use for research and development purposes;
- To send you text messages;
- To facilitate reservations, transactions, and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the personal information is collected.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING EUROPEAN INFORMATION
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), we only process your personal information when we have a valid “legal basis”, including as set forth below.
- Contractual Necessity. We need your personal information to provide you with our Services. For example, we may need to process your personal information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information. For example, we may process your personal information to comply with tax, labor and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Smart Home Integration Partners (SHIPs). If you receive our products from one of our SHIPs, we will share information such as your email address and phone number with the SHIP to help facilitate the installation and integration of our product. SHIPs may also use this information to send you promotional information about their products and services, as described below.
Business Partners. We may share your contact information with our business partners, such as SHIPs and developers who provide applications through our app store, so that they may send you promotional information about their products and services.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Advertising Partners. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (https://optout.networkadvertising.org) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://optout.aboutads.info). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Consent. We may also disclose your personal information with your permission.
We take measures to delete your personal information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When we process personal information for our own purposes, we determine the retention period by taking into account various criteria, such as the type of services provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information by using safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails and newsletters via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
If you choose not to provide us with the personal information we collect, some features of our Services may not work as intended.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have additional rights described below.
- You may request access to the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, have your personal information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your personal information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. We may transfer personal information from the EEA or the UK to the U.S. and other third countries based on approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or otherwise in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Also, we may transfer your personal information from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of personal information, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
attention: Legal Affairs
355 Peel Street suite 307
Montreal, QC Canada H3C 2G9